By J ROBINSON,Stanton Green
Read or Download Archaeology of Frontiers & Boundaries (Studies in Archaeology Series) PDF
Best human geography books
The concept that of sustainability lies on the middle of the problem of setting and improvement and how governments, company and environmental teams reply to it. eco-friendly improvement offers a transparent and coherent research of sustainable improvement in either concept and perform. This 3rd variation keeps the transparent and strong argument of past variations, yet has been up to date to mirror advances in principles and adjustments in overseas coverage.
How did medieval Europeans use and alter their environments, take into consideration the flora and fauna, and take a look at to deal with the typical forces affecting their lives? This groundbreaking environmental historical past examines medieval relationships with the wildlife from the point of view of social ecology, viewing human society as a hybrid of the cultural and the usual.
Targeting features of the functioning of know-how, and by means of tools and at instrumental functionality, this ebook addresses the epistemological questions coming up from analyzing the technological bases to geographical exploration and information claims. Questions of geography and exploration and know-how are addressed in old and modern context and in several geographical destinations and highbrow cultures.
Ordnance: conflict + structure & area investigates how suggestions of conflict occupy and change outfitted and different landscapes. Ranging around the glossy interval from the eighteenth century to the current day, the ebook offers a sequence of case-studies which function in and among a couple of settings and scales, from the infrastructures of the battlefield to the logistics of the household realm.
- Which Global Village?: Societies, Cultures, and Political-Economic Systems in a Euro-Atlantic Perspective: Societies, Cultures and Political-economic Systems in a Euro-Atlantic Perspective
- Keys to the City: How Economics, Institutions, Social Interaction, and Politics Shape Development
- Cross-Cultural Explorations: Activities in Culture and Psychology
- Scale in Spatial Information and Analysis
- Encountering Nature: Toward an Environmental Culture
- Mobilities and Health (Geographies of Health Series)
Additional info for Archaeology of Frontiers & Boundaries (Studies in Archaeology Series)
Archaeology of Frontiers & Boundaries (Studies in Archaeology Series) by J ROBINSON,Stanton Green